It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 pm

"Random" Honor Roll... /salute

Located in the gloomy Forsaken town of Brill, this is the general chit chat for all game related chatter.

"Random" Honor Roll... /salute

Postby Aurthree » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

We are all perfectly aware of how screwed up the people in random dungeon runs can be... and please don't stop reporting on the "extreme" cases, but I want to recognize, those that deserve some attention... (To our prestige overseers, please consider this thread for "sticky".)

The "Tanks" and "Heals" have an obvious advantage when it comes time to queue for random heroics. It's this advantage that makes it easy for them to bail out of group, the first sign of trouble. But, it's this same advantage, that makes it that much more impressive, when a complete stranger stays in group, wipe after wipe after wipe ... when even the most determined player(s) are at wits end.

Brief story... four of us from my new Suramar guild (K.I.S.S.- Keep It Simple Stupid/Lornaya-GM), the tank and (3)DPS, ended up in ZG, two of which were first timers, the other still pretty new to the run, and though I've ran it several times, I'm still limited to a rDPS perspective... We lost two healers before getting one that stayed. As four guildies on a training mission, we were bound to grind through this run, but would you believe, even after over a dozen wipes... the healer was still in group? Not only was he still grouped with us, but was in high spirits and very supportive as well. On top of that, he was an excellent healer. (Note: It got late, and though we had to call it before last boss, the healer stayed in ZG, to heal the next group.) This player is perfect for starting this list, which will hopefully become a long one...

"Random" Honor Roll:
Phoenician- Druid (healer)/ Proudmoore
"A Toast: Here's to honor... once you're honor, stay honor!"
Aurthree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: "Random" Honor Roll... /salute

Postby Maxrules14 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Reminds me of the time where we did a ZA with 3 hunters (You, Mel, and I) and went through a couple of tanks. :)
Maxrules14
Grunt
Grunt

Me: lolwut?

Postby Melindice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:59 pm

woah, ive run into that guy before. best troll run yet. only wiped once or twice due to computer issues.

and yeah, i dont get why that makes tanks mad. i dont care what class you are, as long as you do your job well.
"Everything we do is a choice. Highway or side street. Oatmeal or cereal. Kiss her or keep her. And if someone gets hurt along the way, we ask for forgiveness, because that's the best anybody can do."
Melindice
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Postby Lornaya » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:30 am

It was one of those nights you know? ... The ones where you are scratching your head asking your self over and over again:
Why do I pay for this *crap* ...

We had a tank that quasi knew what he was doing ... But after three hours and 14 bad healers he had to bail ...
So we score another tank, that completely bypasses the "pot' strat. We wipe and in some one infinite wisdom asks him if he's ever been in there before ... He's all like "uh no, well one time" ... we all collectively groan ... (well I swore a few times)

I gotta tell you as a alt healer .. I might have bailed at this point ... No, I'm sorry lets be honest .. He would have been with us for at least an hour and half .. I wouldn't have stayed (and I pretend to be nice on occasion) ... I would have totally cut my losses and felt completely justified for it.

Not only did he stay, offer constructive crit. , but like Aurthree said he was actually really cool ... Total cheerleader but not in the pomp pomp down your throat kind of way. It was ... refreshing ... And I don't mind paying for that kind of stuff

Lighter in the Air for Phoenician
Lornaya
Peon
Peon

Postby Maxrules14 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Lol ^
Maxrules14
Grunt
Grunt

Me: lolwut?

Postby Ragnar Blackmane » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Now this wasn't even a heroic, just a random that I did on my warrior while I was leveling, but I feel it merits mention.

People who were in the group:
Imsohorde-Quel'Dorei
Dirhen-Quel'Dorei
(it should be noted that the above two were married)
Amadrakaiah-Hyjal
Wizenje-Drenden

I was tanking on my warrior, the instant queue pops, I popped into isntance mid-pull they had just done (they were clearing trash while waiting for a tank) so I have to franticly gather up mobs but nothing goes wrong and they all quickly go down. I then do my traditional "Hello Everybody" and much to my joy everybody responds back with some form of hello, this may be a small thing to most people but I figure that if this is the people I am going to work with for the next 30 min or so, they should at least be able to say hello. Amazingly enough, something very strange for a pug starts happening... a conversation AND team work... I was dumbsruck, in pug after pug you always either get those groups that are silent but get stuff done, or the groups where the healer or tank can't stop talking long enough to actually do their job.

We quickly finish the place (it was Dire Maul West I think) and as we keep talking and it was just super enjoyable, every one left on good terms and I really hope I run into these people again at some point, gave me hope for pugs.
Sanity is just madness put to good use.
Ragnar Blackmane
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Aurthree » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Ragnar Blackmane wrote: I then do my traditional "Hello Everybody" and much to my joy everybody responds back with some form of hello

This is my normal routine as well... it's called a "feeler". It gives you a "feel" for the people you're going to be running with. I find that if everyone replies, as in the run you mentioned, it's going to be a god one... and that's about 80% accurate, which isn't bad for such a simple gesture. Not ready to start leaving groups, if someone doesn't say "hi", but it may one day get to that point.
"A Toast: Here's to honor... once you're honor, stay honor!"
Aurthree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Postby Melindice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm

oh god, i just realized i dont say hi in pugs very much...
"Everything we do is a choice. Highway or side street. Oatmeal or cereal. Kiss her or keep her. And if someone gets hurt along the way, we ask for forgiveness, because that's the best anybody can do."
Melindice
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Return to Gallows' End Tavern