It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:42 pm

New SoR

Located in the gloomy Forsaken town of Brill, this is the general chit chat for all game related chatter.

New SoR

Postby Dasffion » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Scrolls of Resurrection are back and better than ever. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4539329

Here's some of the highlights of what a person who receives an SoR will receive.

A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!
A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend’s original box level
An optional FREE character move -- to your realm and faction so you can play together
7 FREE days of game time -- available immediately

The giver will get [Spectral Wind Rider]
You don't have the testicular fortitude
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: New SoR

Postby madrushian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm

So, can I SoR GS when he decides to return and get all that stuff? If so, DIBS!
(Seriously, if GS qualifies, GS let me know and I will send you a scroll. It takes me forever to get to 80 so that would be awesome.)

Geez, are their any other people just taking a break we can get back?

Aengus is a potential if he does come back.

Any others?
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Steamboy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 pm

My account has expired. I'll be back in about a month. I don't know if that helps.
First question--where are my pants?
Steamboy
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby madrushian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Damn right it helps. Feel free to let me know and I would love to "resurrect" you.
For more reasons than one.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Hogger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:53 am

A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!

What O.o...

That's all just so insane, had I known I would have got you to use it on me =< ah well
"Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors."
Hogger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Me: For the Lulz!

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 am

Yes GS and SB would both qualify. Their account has to been inactive since before March 4th.
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby madrushian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 am

If they are willing and if anyone else is coming back soon, be sure to coordinate with us here.
If you have someone else already in mind, no worries.
It does suck since it seems we just missed out on Rags, Hogger, and even I just restarted in February.
Heck, for some of those benefits I would even be willing to pay for the first month for someone. Crazy.
(Not kidding, I would buy a game card and PM you the code)
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Hogger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 am

I bet they'll vamp up the recruit a friend benefits soon too if only temporarily like this SoR, "Oh noes we're losing moar customerx! Quick, tell them they can have instant 90s and legendaries if they come join us now!". Well maybe not that extreme, but I bet they'll do something.
"Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors."
Hogger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 am

madrushian wrote:If they are willing and if anyone else is coming back soon, be sure to coordinate with us here.
If you have someone else already in mind, no worries.
It does suck since it seems we just missed out on Rags, Hogger, and even I just restarted in February.
Heck, for some of those benefits I would even be willing to pay for the first month for someone. Crazy.
(Not kidding, I would buy a game card and PM you the code)

Just to make sure you know Mad, YOU would only get the mount.
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby madrushian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 am

Sadly I just realized that after my last post, FAIL. I cried a little.
A damn mount, I get them the person and money back and I get just a mount? I am sad again.
I was very excited at the possibility of a free and easy level 80.
Now I will just sulk for a bit.

So does SoR not receive any of the other benefits that the recruit a friend does?
No XP bonus? No summon? Etc?
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Steamboy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am

OK I'll let you know Mad before I return so you can resurrect me. :)
Steamboy
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:25 am

Steamboy wrote:OK I'll let you know Mad before I return so you can resurrect me. :)

Apparently the rewards aren't good enough for Mad but I'll gladly take a mount so let me know B)#
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Hogger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:27 am

Hahaha
Hogger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby madrushian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

Smart aleck.
I would still like the mount, I am just no longer willing to pay for the first month.
TT
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 am

Jumping to level 80 like that is nice but it also kinda sucks. It'd be very difficult to get geared up if you go from level 1 to 80.
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Hogger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 am

To be honest these days once I get a character to 80 I suddenly need to replace 7 heirlooms or however many there are, so in a sense it's the same problem. But suddenly having an 80 character with no gear at all would be odd though.
Hogger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

The heirlooms you're replacing have level 80 stats though. Think about trying to gear up with starting equipment.
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby madrushian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

I would still be very willing to accept that challenge.
With other alts who can craft or buy the goods, I would be OK.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Hogger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

There's a guy on WoW called Gutrot who got from 1-70 without the use of armour or weapons. He got a massive following, and eventually got to 80 using the same technique.

Anyways I once tried to copy him and made a character called "Nekkid" and set off without any items at all equipped, recording every second as proof. Anyways I got to level 24 then thought "Wow, what's the point?" and gave up.

True story
Hogger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby madrushian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah, I guess I do not see the point either.
I would imagine if I had a mage, or some spellcaster, especially a warlock, and I still used rings/trinkets/etc like he did, it would not be too too difficult, just a little more tedious.

My warlock never takes damage anyway after I got my demons.
And with dailies, dungeon runs, farming mats, etc there are a lot of ways to help level that do not even require combat.

But what a silly thing, IMO.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby Dasffion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 am

There's a hunter that completed the Iron Man challenge (all white gear, no talents, no professions, no dying). I'm not saying it'd be impossible, just saying it'd be a pain.
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steamboy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 pm

I think the most fun part of wow is lvl 1-40. I wish that they put high level quests and dailies in the low level areas. Those are the best zones.

Back in my Dungeon Lords days, there was a guy on our forum who made a "minimal Urgoth" toon. Same idea as here, except in that game you put points into skills and he was minimal in the sense that he never put points into anything...it would be like beating a game at level 1. (Urgoth was one of the races). It was funny as he shared all his trials.
Steamboy
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby ginsengsamurai » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I have to agree. Most fun levels would be pre-TBC levels, more specifically between level 20 to 50.
ginsengsamurai
Strange Tasting Chicken
Strange Tasting Chicken

Me: Amber's Cupcake!

Postby Steamboy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

GinsengSamurai wrote:I have to agree. Most fun levels would be pre-TBC levels, more specifically between level 20 to 50.

Yep I usually get bored around Tanaris. I guess my point is that I wouldn't want to start at lvl 80. It's way more fun to me to roll a new toon who has to save up for a 6-slot bag and play him to about 40 and delete him than it is to pug 85s or do dailies.

This reminds me of an idea that was floating around here a while back where we were discussing how it would be good if we could start at 80 or 85 or whatever. That would be interesting. There would be whole 5-mans full of new players instead of heirloomed alts. Nobody would know what they are doing and it would be a mess, and it would be fun yet miserable. It might be hard to get a pug though since so many pugs are experienced players.
Steamboy
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby madrushian » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

I actually really enjoy the quests and quest chain in Hyjal and Deepholm so I like those higher level quests.

But I do enjoy the things that happen and the areas you see at lower levels also.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby ginsengsamurai » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry guys, I let Amber SoR me. She's collecting mounts and I was able to boost Mukmuk from 68 to 80. So I have the next 3.5 weeks with WoW. Too bad the last 1.5 weeks of 5.5 weeks is wasted.

I saw Ragnar and Vylnis online and had a nice conversation with those two for the last few hours. Also had a chat with Mel. I saw Metal online too. He was in LFR DS. Of course, I visited the GBank too. ^_~
ginsengsamurai
Strange Tasting Chicken
Strange Tasting Chicken

Postby Dasffion » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:33 am

Aww I missed you :( And no worries, Amber should have had first dibs. Mad and I can fight over SB :D Yeah sorry about the GB. I thought I had longer to worry about cleaning it out ;)
Dasffion
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby madrushian » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 am

I care more about having you back than about a mount.
I kind of figured Amber would SoR you anyway.
Plus I was MOST interested in the rewards the resurrected person gets.
Too bad I misread Das' OP at first.
Das and I can always do a /roll for SB, unless he has someone who makes more sense.

Glad to have you back.
madrushian
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Postby ginsengsamurai » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 am

Don't worry about the GBank. I think I have been denying it all this time, but if the AH is Mad's random monthly hobby, the GBank is mine. ^_^
ginsengsamurai
Strange Tasting Chicken
Strange Tasting Chicken

Return to Gallows' End Tavern